Friday, November 13, 2009

What was the title music to the TV programme "Best of British"?

Hello there, does anyone remember a TV series back in the 1970s / 80s called "The Best of British"; it basically celebrated British films and showed various clips. Does anyone know what the title music was or where it was from?





(I remember the title sequence had clips from Henry IV (I think) with Lawrence Olivier, Black Narcissus and a great shot of James Mason in Tales of Two Cities, fantastic!! - I don't remember much else as I was quite young - yeah right!)

What was the title music to the TV programme "Best of British"?
Hi there,





If it was from 1987-1994 and narrated by John Mills (57 episodes) and Anthony Quayle (10 episodes), the music is by Rob Waugh. Have not been able to find out anything more than that, no titles and not listed on DVD...





Will edit on here if I find out any more info...


No comments:

Post a Comment