Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Greek Mythology-Which do you like better Persephone or Narcissus?

I want to know which one you like best and why.

Greek Mythology-Which do you like better Persephone or Narcissus?
Well, Persephone always seemed a bit wimpy to me. I know she was seen as a figure of purity and youth, rather like an ancient Greek Princess Diana, but she never really did anything proactive about any of the situations she found herself in. The only story I really like about Persephone is when Aphrodite gave her the baby Adonis to look after until he was old enough for Aphrodite to "love". Persephone fell in love with Adonis, and refused to give him back. She stood her ground on it, and Zeus had to decide what to do. He gave the girls equal time with him, four months of the year each, and four months for poor Adonis to keep for himself. That story makes me almost forgive her for all the rest.





As for Narcissus, he is is just the nastiest fellow all round. "Handsome is as handsome does", as my granny always said, and he was as nasty as could be. He would fit into any jock group anywhere. Artemis devised his torture, and made his own self-love be the end of him. A harsh end, but it certainly makes me feel better about the whole situation.





So, after all that, I think Persephone definitely comes out best, especially whan you think of her husband, oh yes!
Reply:Out of the two, I have to say that I loved Narcissus the best.


The reason is that it interested me is he looked at his reflextion and fell in love with himself.


No comments:

Post a Comment